SEO reporting tools
SEO reporting tools can help you prove your success, monitor your campaigns, and identify key metrics of your website. They also give you an insight into various aspects of your site, such as:
- Content performance.
This article examines SEO reporting tools. It evaluates their strengths to help you make informed decisions about investing in them.
Best overall: SEMrush
No tool matches the SEO reporting, data, visualization depth, and quality of SEMrush. Besides, for a platform that houses more than 400 tools, SEMrush’s user interface and navigation are extremely intuitive and user-friendly.
So what do you get from this swiss-army-knife of SEO?
Combine Data from Multiple Sources
You can analyze your site and build your SEO reports using data from more than 20 marketing sources, including these:
- SEMrush tools
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google Business Profile
Besides, users do not need any technical knowledge to build reports. SEMrush makes this process easy with drag-and-drop widgets.
Custom Reports and Report Templates
SEMrush lets users build custom reports from scratch or speed up their dashboard development with ready-to-use report templates.
You can access report templates for different reporting needs, including these:
- Monthly SEO reports.
- Competitor analysis reports
- Site audit reports
- Google Business profile performance reports
- Organic search position reports
- Backlinks reports
- Domain comparisons
Each report will include a detailed analysis across multiple performance indicators.
For example, if you choose the Monthly SEO reports template, you will fill out a form to analyze your domain.
The report you’ll get will breakdown your domain data by performance indicators like these:
- Site audit
Under traffic, you’ll get a full breakdown of your site’s traffic performance for the month, including:
- Unique visitors
- Pages per visit
- Bounce rate
- Visit duration
- Traffic sources
Even these traffic metrics get a deeper breakdown. For example, see this breakdown of traffic sources by country:
Like the traffic report., each metric gets a full data breakdown across its key indicators. So SEMrush gives you a granular report covering all parts of your website.
You can generate and send automatic reports to target persons, like customers and team members, so they’ll receive scheduled PDF reports daily, weekly, or monthly.
Plus, you can turn reports into templates and use them for future reporting.
Client Portal and White Label Reports
SEMrush lets you match your report to your brand identity, including your logo, brand colors, and contact information. In addition, it allows you to eliminate all SEMrsuh mentions from your emails and reports to clients.
So you can do these:
Set the email address to send your reports
- Accept replies
- Customize your message
- Add a custom signature
- Use template or custom themes for your reports
- Save your customized report as a template for a future report
SEMrush also supports client portals so you can provide your clients with online access to reports and tasks.
SEMrush is an all-in-one tool, and the price reflects this. It has three plans, starting at $119.50 a month if you pay per year to save 17%.
Best for agencies: AgencyAnalytics
Although SEMrush offers lots of agency support and features, you might want to use a more dedicated SEO reporting solution for agencies.
That’s where AgencyAnalytics comes in. But what do you get from this tool?
Report Templates and Custom Dashboards
You can customize your clients’ dashboards. AgencyAnalytics lets you create dashboards in three simple steps:
- Choose your report dashboard
- Create a title for the report
- Design the dashboard
You can choose from three report dashboard options:
- Start with a blank report and create it from scratch
- Use a template
- Clone an existing report
AgencyAnalytics lets you choose report templates from those you’ve created or default templates.
It offers 16 default templates for different reporting needs around SEO, email marketing, PPC, SEO, and more. Some of the templates relevant to SEO reporting include:
- Digital marketing report.
- Google Analytics reports.
- Lead generation report.
- Link building reports.
- Local SEO report.
- SEO report template
- Web analytics report template
AgencyAnalytics offers very robust reporting and a pleasant user experience. Besides, you can customize your dashboard and add data from third-party sources in only a few clicks.
The tool lets you track live or sample data and change your reporting period to fit your needs. You can even drag and drop your report sections to match the order you prefer them to appear.
Branded and White Label Reports
AgencyAnalytics lets you customize your reports with your branding and logo. You can access this feature in settings.
The campaign logo has the option of two varieties—your Interface and report logos. Plus, you can use the Suggest Logo button to fetch logos from your site.
Next, you have the campaign colour, where you can use any of the preset themes or enter your HEX code into the boxes to set your colours.
Marketing and Reporting Integrations
AgencyAnalytics offers dozens of integrations. For example, it has 20 SEO integrations for both regular and local SEO. You can also search for specific integrations.
It helps you put your reporting on autopilot. For example, you can set your report frequency to daily, biweekly, weekly, or monthly. And you can set the time the report goes to your client.
AgencyAnalytics lets you build or alter your dashboard as you deem fit. Its drag-and-drop widgets let you add elements to your report, customize them as you want, and schedule your reporting. So you can reduce manual work.
You can add and assign tasks for your team members to work on or to help you remember activities you want to complete.
- Data integrations.
- Report automation.
- Task management.
- White label reports and branding.
- Fully customizable reports.
- Report templates.
- Drag-and-drop widgets.
- Unlimited reports across all accounts.
- Cross-campaign reporting.
AgencyAnalytics has three pricing plans.
- Freelancer: $12 for monthly billing and $10 per month for annual billing.
- Agency: $18 for monthly billing and $15 per month for annual billing.
- Enterprise: custom billing.
Best for DIY’ers: Supermetrics
If you’re looking to build your SEO reporting dashboard on Data Studio and Google Sheets using data from multiple sources, Supermetrics is a good fit for your goal.
This tool helps you pass data from multiple sources to visualisation dashboards and storage sources. Combining Data Studio and Google Sheets with Supermetrics provides an excellent DIY SEO reporting solution.
Data Studio and Google Sheets are free tools. So you don’t need to spend on data visualisation.
Supermetrics is a data connector. So, you must have data storage and a visualisation tool to help you get the most value from Supermetrics.
Supermetrics Native Connectors
Supermetrics provides you connectors to these tools and platforms to help you store, visualise, and report SEO and other marketing data:
- Data Studio
- Google Sheets
- Uploader for Google Analytics
- Google AlloyDB
- Azure Synapse
- Azure SQL Database
- Amazon S3
- Google Cloud Storage
- Azure Storage
Supermetrics Charts for Data Studio
Charts for Data Studio are data visualization extensions for Google Data Studio’s existing data visualization capabilities.
The key advantage of this feature is to boost data viewers’ time to insight and give them a better user experience. Besides, Supermetrics Charts provides extra visualization elements not native to Google Data Studio to enhance the user’s decision quality and speed.
You can extract your SEO data with the API and feed them to business intelligence tools, databases, data warehouses, and visualization dashboards that support JSON or CSV inputs. Supermetrics API works for tools like
- Power BI
This feature can help you unify your data and remove data silos.
Data Source Connectors
Data source connectors are third-party Supermetrics integrations that help you move your SEO data to your preferred analytics and reporting platforms.
Although Supermetrics has hundreds of data source connectors, it offers only 11 dedicated data source connectors for SEO.
Supermetrics allows you to filter these connectors by Type and Product.
- Wide range of data connector integrations.
- Built-in data connectors for tens of visualization, storage, and reporting tools.
- Connectors for cloud storage and data lakes like Azure Storage, Google Cloud Storage, and Amazon S3.
- Connectors for data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuary, Redshift, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL Database, and Google AlloyDB.
- Upload to import data from multiple sources.
- Spreadsheet connectors for Google Sheets and Excel.
- Data visualization connector for Data Studio.
- API-enabled data extraction
- Data automation.
Pricing varies from feature to feature. So, each reporting, storage, and visualization connector has its pricing plan.
However, you can use the 14-day trial to test-drive a connector or feature. Supermetrics has no limit to the number of integrations you can use during the trial.
Best free tool: Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio is the best free SEO reporting tool on the market. The tool supports hundreds of interactions to give users access to over 800 data sets.
Native Google Apps Connectors
Using native Google connectors, Data Studio integrates with the Google apps you already use, including these:
- Search Console.
- Google Analytics.
- Campaign Manager 360.
- Google Ads.
- Google Ad Manager 360.
- YouTube Analytics.
- Google Sheets.
- Google Surveys.
So you can pull search optimization data from any of your favourite Google apps without using an external connector.
But you can also connect to certain third-party data sources with the Google Connector, including these:
- Amazon Redshift
- Microsoft SQL Server
In total, Google has and supports 20 data connectors.
Partner Data Connectors
Google has hundreds of partners providing over 600 data connectors to Data studio users. Some partners offer multiple connectors. You’ll find more than one connector from platforms like:
- Power My Analytics
- Amplified Labs
- Data Relate
And you can find connectors for popular business tools like these:
And tens of other data connection tools for your SEO reporting needs. You can also find other connectors that are not directly related to SEO reporting but support other marketing and business activities, like ads, customer relationship management, and social media.
Data Studio makes SEO reporting a breeze with tens of visualization templates to choose from, so you don’t have to build dashboards from scratch.
So you can choose a Google Console or Google Analytics template, which will instantly populate with your data if you’ve set up Google Analytics on your website. You can also click the Use My Own Data button to import your data.
And you can build your reports from scratch in a blank Data Studio dashboard.
- Template data reports.
- Access 20 native Google Connectors.
- Avails over 600 third-party connectors.
- Pre-built visualization options.
- User video guides.
- Linking API.
- Create interactive and custom reports.
- Embed reports into webpages.
- Add comments and notes to the reports.
Data Studio is free to use. But Google doesn’t provide any dedicated user support for the tool.
Best rank tracker with reporting: Advanced Web Ranking
Rank tracking and reporting go hand in hand. You need to track keyword positions and then report them—for your use or your client’s.
Advanced Web Ranking lets you connect data from your Google Analytics and Google Search Console to its SEO reporting dashboards.
It lets you generate performance reports across different organic SEO performance and competitor analysis metrics, including:
- Competitor rank analysis.
- Keyword rank performance.
- Search visibility performance.
- SEO performance overview.
Each of these reports offers detailed search engine optimization data. For example, the SEO performance data shows you detailed rank tracking for top-performing keywords on your website.
AWR shows your rank tracking performance across metrics like:
- Number of keywords ranked across search engines for your site
- Average keyword position for all keywords across the site
- Number of keywords on page one of search engines
- Your brand’s market share of keywords
- Keyword position distribution
The position distribution report shows you the keywords ranking for different positions:
- Ranking number one
- Positions two to five
- Six to ten
- 11 to 20
- 21 to 50
- 51 to 100
And this is for only SEO performance overview > Rank Tracking > Keyword distribution. You’ll find an in-depth analysis like this for each ranking report.
This dashboard also shows your best-performing landing pages, including:
- The URL
- Highest Rank
- Visibility percentage
- Top rated keyword for that page
Advanced Web Ranking (AWR) helps you find keywords to track for your domain name by suggesting them when you use its keywords suggestion feature.
You can choose keywords and add them to your basket to track. Furthermore, you can filter keyword suggestions and add only those you want to monitor.
This setting helps you see your best-ranking keywords in your reports.
Tracking Frequency, Page Depth, and Location
You can control your tracking frequency, page depth, and location. Besides, AWR lets you select the country you want to track for each keyword.
You can also track how many pages your results would show per keyword—five or ten. And you can set your tracking frequency to daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, or paused.
When you pause tracking, it doesn’t refresh unless you do an on-demand refresh or restart tracking.
Search Engine Settings
AWR lets you track keywords across search engines. So, you can set each search engine to provide data by country and device.
You can also set custom search types:
So you can track keywords by any of these search types. In addition, AWR lets you track keywords by specific locations within your selected country.
You can choose your search engine based on five language options.
Competitor Performance Reporting
You can add and track competitors. Then, like keywords, you can get competitor suggestions when setting up your AWR.
You can generate a competitor analysis report showing your competitor’s SEO performance. This report includes:
- SERP Features
- Competitor rankings
- Competitor estimated traffic
- Market share
- Ranking reports for keywords, competitors,
- Automate reports.
- Report editing and customization
- Editable report templates.
- Export reports.
- Google Search Console and Google Analytics integration.
- Drag-and-drop report builder.
- Track and report multiple content types, including videos, texts, and graphics.
- White labeling options.
This tool offers four plans starting from $49 a month. Save 10% if you pay annually. In addition, AWR offers free 30 days trial.
We have two more tools worth mentioning for their SEO reporting capabilities.
Nightwatch lets you build white-label, and user-friendly SEO reports for yourself and your clients. It also provides automation support to help you save time and deliver reports to you or your clients.
Users can build SEO reports in minutes using Nightwatch’s drag-and-drop report builder, especially reports like these:
- Segmented reports
- Ranking overviews
- Configured graphs
- Backlink reports
- Site audit reports
- Location-based reports
Nightwatch relies on data from its user’s Google Analytics account.
The tool allows 14 days trial, and its all-in-one SEO platform prices between $32 to $369 a month, depending on the features and payment plan you choose.
AccuRanker offers a native connector for Google Data Studio, so that you can integrate your AccuRanker data with the data visualisation platform.
This SEO tool also integrates with analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics. You can get daily rank updates too. And if you want on-demand updates multiple times a day, refresh your keywords to get it.
If you have clients, you can share reports with them automatically. For example, AccuRanker has a white-label service where you can add your logo, set up the data you want the client to access, and schedule monthly reports.
So users get these:
- White-label SEO reporting
- Native Google Data Studio connector
- Google Analytics integration
- Adobe Analytics integration
- Daily and on-demand keyword performance updates
- Automatic reports scheduling
Why use an SEO reporting tool?
SEO reporting tools help you understand your business performance and demonstrate your value to clients. In addition, these reports help you show progress towards achieving your key performance indicators (KPIs).
As you probably know, enviable organic SEO results don’t appear overnight. Without reports, you can’t justify your effort as clients would have no reliable way of knowing what progress you’ve made so far on their projects.
Of course, you can pull together the data yourself. But an SEO reporting tool saves you time and money.
Most SEO reporting tools use the power of technology to build and deliver reports on time and improve reporting accuracy. These technologies include these:
- Drag-and-drop builders
- Visualization tools
- Task managers
You can set up most of these reports once and only attend to them when you need to make changes.
How we reviewed
To choose the best SEO reporting tools out there, we looked at:
- Integrations: You’ll need data from multiple sources to provide accurate reporting.
- Customizability: SEO reporting tools must adapt to a wide range of users’ needs so that these users can customize reports to their heart’s content.
- White labeling: Reporting tools must reinforce your brand or client’s brand with appropriate color, logo, and design compatibilities.
- Pricing: SEO reporting tools must justify their prices and accommodate many users.
- User login limits: Accounts allows multiple users access or accounts.
- Design/UX: Poor UX frustrates users. So we only included tools that support easy reports building and a pleasant report user experience.
- Support: We included tools that provide quality customer support resources and contact options.
Choose your SEO reporting tool based on your most essential needs. Your purpose of use should guide your decision. If you’re an agency, you want to favor the best overall—SEMrush—or use AgencyAnalytics. If rank tracking influences your work the most, AWR might be the best fit. If dashboarding is a big deal, you might want to use Data Studio or Supermetrics.
More SEO reporting tools
- PaidAn all-in-one SEO tools that can help you with backlink analysis, keyword research, site auditing and more.All-in-one, Backlink Analysis, Competitor analysis, Keyword research, Rank tracking, Site Auditing
- PaidSupermetrics is the go to tool for reporting, analytics and storage across all platforms, including easy to read dashboards for both marketers and non-marketers.Reporting, SEO Data
SupermetricsData Studio Excel Google Sheets Web
- PaidSmart and powerful tool for ✓ Backlinks Analysis ✓ Rank Tracking ✓ Keyword Research ✓ Competitor Analysis ✓ Site Audit.All-in-one, Backlink Analysis, Competitor analysis, Keyword research, Rank tracking, SEO crawler, Site Auditing
- PaidMangools is a bundle of 5 simple but powerful SEO tools made for an effective SEO workflow. Loved by beginners, trusted by professionals. Try it for free!All-in-one, Backlink Analysis, Competitor analysis, Keyword research, Rank tracking
- PaidUse this data mining tool to uncover keyword search volume, keyword suggestions, product analysis, and much more.Keyword research, Position checker, SEO Data
- PaidAccuRanker is the world's fastest rank tracker - A must-have tool if you want to grow your organic traffic, and leave your competitors in the dust.Rank tracking, Competitor analysis
- FreeData Studio turns your data into informative reports and dashboards that are easy to read, easy to share and fully customisable. Sign up for free.Reporting
Google Data StudioWeb
- PaidSimple and privacy-friendly Google Analytics alternativeWeb Analytics
- FreeUnderstand how your site is performing in search, as well as identifying any issues that need fixing using Google Search Console. From monitoring, maintaining, to reporting, this tool does it all.Site Auditing, Web Analytics
Google Search ConsoleWeb
- PaidA privacy-first, cookie-free & GDPR compliant web analytics alternative to Google Analytics.Web Analytics
- PaidPermanently stores your Google Search Console (GSC) data and provides unique data insights you wouldn't receive within the standard Google-built tool.Reporting, Web Analytics
- PaidUse this all-in-on tool to find keywords, track website ranking, analyze SERPs and audit your website using RankTracker's vast amount of data.Rank tracking, Competitor analysis
- PaidAutomatically discover missed SEO opportunities. Nightwatch's accurate data and reports help you get buy-in, justify bigger budgets, and land more clients. Monitor your keyword rankings, backlinks and audit your website with confidence. Welcome to Nightwatch.Rank tracking, Competitor analysis
- PaidThis tool runs split tests to see what aspects of SEO will work before taking the steps to implement them.Split Testing
- PaidA tool for enterprise websites. Botify detects content that would otherwise be missed on enterprise websites, revealing hidden opportunities.Log File Analysis, Reporting, SEO crawler
- FreeReal-time Cross-Engine SERPs CheckerPosition checker
- PaidAn all in one tool for competitor research, keyword tracking, auditing websites and monitoring backlinks.Rank tracking
- PaidCreate forecasts quickly in Google sheets using machine learning algorithms and the addition of your own knowledge.Forecasting
Forecast ForgeGoogle Sheets
- PaidPro Rank Tracker is a complete SEO Rank Tracking & Reporting tool that keeps you updated with ranking changes across your website and video.Rank tracking, Competitor analysis
Pro Rank TrackerWeb
- PaidAdvanced Web Ranking provides fresh daily, weekly or on demand geo-located rankings. Tailored for agencies and in-house SEOs. Try it free for 30 days!Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
Advanced Web RankingWeb
- FreeGlimpse's Google Trends Chrome Extension makes the default experience 100x more powerful by adding enriched data and insights.Browser extensions, Reporting
Google Trends SuperchargedChrome
- FreeThis tool easily identifies ghost spam, domains that are added by spam bots, and blocks them.Analytics debugger
- PaidGet more traffic, improve your website’s usability, and increase your conversion rates with the Ryte Suite: the leading all-in-one platform for Website Quality Assurance and SEO.All-in-one, Content writing, Log File Analysis, SEO crawler, Site speed, Split Testing
- FreeSearch Analytics for Sheets enables you to create automatic backups from Google Search Console into Google Sheets,Reporting
Search Analytics for SheetsGoogle Sheets
- PaidUse this tool to track where you rank on the SERP. Receive automatic daily updates so you're always in the know of your SERP position.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
- PaidGet valuable customer insights to make smarter decisions and act faster based on how customers use your product or website with Mixpanel. Try it free.Web Analytics
- PaidThis tool is designed to help agencies create automated reports to share with clients.Rank tracking, Reporting, SEO crawler
- PaidSimple Analytics doesn't use cookie banners, GDPR, CCPA, or PECR. So get the analytics you need in a clean way, without annoying your users.Web Analytics
- FreeUse RankSense to execute SEO recommendations efficiently and see the results within weeks, not months.Site Auditing, Split Testing
- PaidThe SISTRIX Toolbox is the premier tool used by SEO professionals. Data you love, from people you trust.All-in-one, Backlink Analysis, Competitor analysis, Keyword research, Rank tracking, SEO crawler
- PaidUse this tool to track your top keywords and receive daily updates on their positions on the SERP.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
- PaidSave time by using Raven Tools to create reports for SEO, Social, and PPC for your clients.All-in-one, Keyword research, Rank tracking, Reporting, SEO crawler
- PaidUse this tool to track changes to the SERP and how your site is performing on it over time.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
- PaidUse Searchmetrics to make informed search and content decisions, using their vast supply of data and analytics.All-in-one, Competitor analysis, Keyword research, Rank tracking, Site Auditing
- FreeAn extension for Mozilla Firefox, showing you how changes that occur on the SERP.Browser extensions, Position checker
SERPTrends SEO ExtensionChrome Firefox
- PaidMatch your traffic's keywords with the sessions in Google Analytics. The Keyword Hero gets rid of (not provided). See what your users googled to get to you.Web Analytics
- FreeUse SEO Search Simulator to search queries from any location on Google, without the use of a vpn.Browser extensions, Position checker
SEO Search SimulatorChrome
- PaidDon’t damage your reputation with Google Analytics. Matomo is the ethical alternative where you won’t make privacy sacrifices or compromise your site.Web Analytics
- PaidSERP tracking and analytics for SEO experts, STAT helps you stay competitive and agile with fresh insights.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
- FreeUse this Google Chrome extension to asses your tags, using automatic audits and monitoring.Analytics debugger, Browser extensions
ObservePoint Tag DebuggerChrome
- PaidThe cognitiveSEO tool provides a unique analysis process that delivers Unparalleled Backlink Analysis, Content Audit and Rank Tracking for Every Site.All-in-one, Backlink Analysis, Competitor analysis, Rank tracking, SEO crawler
- FreeUse this tool to change your location if you want to see different SERP results that aren't targeting your current location.Local SEO, Position checker
Google Location ChangerWeb
- PaidGet all-in-one pack of SEO software - download the free edition of SEO PowerSuite. Powerful SEO tools and free SEO advice - get on the way to top 10 rankings for your site on Google and other search engines!All-in-one, Competitor analysis, Link auditing, Link building tools, Rank tracking, Site Auditing
Link AssistantMac Windows
- PaidHeap is a smarter way to do Product Analytics, giving PMs autocaptured, actionable customer data for true product innovation.Web Analytics
- PaidNozzle is a full serp monitoring tool that lets you track unlimited competitors, no questions asked.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking
- PaidSEO solutions for agencies to help save them time and focus on what matters.Competitor analysis, Rank tracking, Reporting
- PaidSee Google Algorithm Updates and Global Holidays in your Google Analytics reports with this Chrome Extension. 100% free.Reporting
Enhanced Google Analytics AnnotationsWeb
- FreeCheck localized Google results with our FREE local search results tool. Search from any city, or zipcode to see what's ranking near you.Local SEO, Position checker
Local Search Results CheckerWeb